Putting ELF on my Shelf!

I was looking online for organic makeup, and I came across ELF Cosmetics, which is short for Eyes Lips Face makeup. It isn't all organically based, so I suppose it doesn't really have much of a place on a blog about organic beauty care, but I just had to share this, because everybody can always benefit from a good deal! If you haven't heard of E.L.F. Makeup yet, they have 3 different products lines...


Essential makeup (your basic, daily-need, drugstore style makeup)

Mineral makeup

Studio Makeup (The best way I can think to describe this is 'make-up artist makeup')


The great thing about ELF, is that almost all of the single item products are only $3! Yes - I mean $3.00 for a studio quality eyeshadow, $3.00 for liquid foundation, or face powder - you name it! I ordered enough makeup to almost justify buying a new makeup box just for this reason. I have read a few reviews and I see that it may take a while to be shipped because I live in Canada, but I'm looking forward to trying out some fresh new looks!

There was a time a few years ago that I was so close to going to Blanche MacDonald School for Makeup and Hair. I had been accepted, and gone for an interview - all I needed to do was commit, sign the papers and pay an arm and a leg for tuition. I never followed through (which I don't regret, because I love what I do now), but I still kind of wish I had some training in makeup. When I have the time, I love to try out new looks with my makeup, but I am always limited to my select few colours (and the fact that I always sleep through my alarm on weekdays limits my time spent in front of the mirror). I have a hard time justifying $10 for one small eyeshadow pallet of 3 colours, let alone my nice studio makeup which usually costs  $10 - $15 for one shade. So, when I bought a pallet of 144 shades of eyeshadow from ELF's Studio line, for $15, let's just say that I had a hard time trying to un-justify it!

Check it out here: www.eyeslipsface.com and let me know if you have tried e.l.f. makeup, and what you thought of their products!

P.S. I have some inside info that says BlackBox Cosmetics is working on an organic makeup line which will hopefully be out soon - more information on this to follow once I get some more details!